Saturday, August 7, 2010

al di là

With such a plethora of amazing restaurants in NYC, it's often intimidating to try and hash out the really great ones. Being low on funds, I often go for the reliable, cheap options. But when I do want to treat myself, I'm lucky enough to have one of the best Italian restaurants in the city five minutes away from my house. I went to al di là for lunch with my Mom and Aunt to divulge in the excellent cuisine at this Northern Italian trattoria.


Mama Scott contemplates the menu



I love the floor, and the sunflowers

insalata di farro - spelt salad with zucchini, mint, and cucumbers. This dish was amazing.

shaved zucchini salad



homemade tortelli with ricotta and lemon - the best pasta I've had in a while.

grilled mackerel sandwich with pickled vegetables, arugula, and lemon aioli on brioche.

No comments:

Post a Comment