Sunday, January 9, 2011

bad vegan!

The transition from omnivore to vegan was pretty easy for me, mostly because I have never been a big dairy eater. I don't even like butter (except in baked goods). And I like eggs, but mainly in a scramble to hold together a mass amount of leftover vegetables. So giving them up was pretty much just like any other day.

This doesn't mean I don't love cooking with eggs and butter. In fact, I relish it. And now that my 19-year-old cousin is staying with us, I have an enthusiastic recipient of all things I decide to bake and cook him. I had to lure him out of bed with something the other day, so I decided to make him the mother of all breakfast sandwiches, with ham, pepperjack cheese, and a fried egg on sourdough bread, which had been grilled to delicious, melty perfection in vast amounts of butter.


1 comment: