Sunday, April 18, 2010

cursed.

This weekend made it official: I am cursed.
It all started in China. My east-bound adventure last June was - well, let's just say it was eventful. Two car crashes, a down-to-the-bone finger wound and a stomach virus later, Vicki and I start to wonder why we were having such bad luck.
It turns out, it was me. And the bad luck has followed me to Italy.
Exhibit A: Friends come and visit from Paris. Return flight to Paris is canceled; friends wind up in Zurich.
Exhibit B: Nick's flight to visit me in Milan - canceled.
Exhibit C: Mom comes to visit me in Milan - British Air goes on strike; flight canceled.
and finally, Exhibit D: I plan a trip to visit Chiara in Amsterdam this weekend - volcano erupts in Iceland, shuts down all European airports - trip is canceled.
So, blogosphere - any hints on lifting curses?

4 comments:

  1. well curse=bad karma. you must have done something terribly evil. perhaps along the lines of... leaving your best friends in the city for three months.
    luckily for you, i have been trained in karmic cleansing. according to the ancient texts of the boddhisatva, the best way to cleanse bad karma is through selfless acts. like buying awesome gifts for people who you miss....or something....
    you might want to start in the dairy aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i'm supposed to buy you some fancy yogurt or something and my curse will be lifted? somehow i think it would be more complicated than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a proven scientific fact:
    the percentage of travel curses are directly proportional to the quantity of overall travel
    you and your loved ones embark on.
    so sorry about amsterdam, but at least you weren't sleeping in some yucky airport....
    love,
    travel auntie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was thinking more along the lines of cheese. your italian yogurt is useless to me.

    ReplyDelete