Sunday, May 23, 2010

caccia apartamento/lavoro/vita

Since returning states-side, I have begun the treacherous job hunt and the not-so treacherous (but stressante all the same) apartment hunt. I know it's not the most fiscally responsible decision to try and move out before I have a job, but in my head, this will be the cosmic force the propels my life forward. So, Nina and I are spending the summer looking for apartments in Brooklyn (while I continue to look for work).

During this endless period of cover letter writing and resume sending, I've noticed that people keep asking me "What do you really want to do?" The truth is, I don't really know. I know that I want a job that utilizes the degree I earned. I know I don't want to be underemployed. And I know I would love a job that keeps my lingual capabilities active, be it through the work environment or through the work itself. But I don't really have a dream job. When I dream, I dream of being able to travel freely between New York and Italy. I dream of visiting friends around the world. I dream of adventures and then the comfort of returning home. I dream of discovering new wonders and re-discovering old comforts.

And really, I dream of sharing my love of these things with other people. I guess I just haven't found the vehicle to do so.

1 comment: