Monday, May 17, 2010

light

People always comment on the light in Italy, and rightfully so. Each city is illuminated by a different array of colors; in Rome, it seems like everything glimmers with hints of gold. In Florence, the terracotta hues of the roofs and the rich earth reflect in the cobblestone streets. In Milan ... well, everything was kind of grey, but when the sun did break through, it was low, because of how far north it is, and it gives this old-time, cinematic ambience to the entire city.

NYC has it's own light, too:


Sunset over Astoria park - the camera on my cell phone did not do it justice.


I saw this from my TV room and was just in time to grab a shot with my cell, but not with my real camera. I love this picture. Angelo really does look angelico.

1 comment:

  1. wow those are some nice photos! my mom also comments on the light in italy. she says milan's light reminds her of tel aviv's.

    -linda

    ReplyDelete