Monday, November 15, 2010

EATALY

That's right. It happened. This is the closest to a pilgrimage I'll ever get, and it was wonderful. I get dizzy just thinking about it. Imagine fifty different kinds of olive oil, a gelato bar, a counter where you can buy fresh pasta by the kilogram, fifteen different kinds of prosciutto, a wine selection that makes your head spin, and Lidia Bastianich's son in Prada shoes (no really, he was there). Yes, I saw all of these things. And yes, it was glorious. I nearly had a heart attack doing it, but I made it out of there with a loaf of olive bread, some pasta, and a bottle of wine.

If you don't know what EATALY is, then here you go. Also - we are no longer friends.










making pasta

carciofi

weigh and price your own veggies - just like in Italia!

la piazza

All the tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment