Sunday, June 6, 2010

bbq

Italians think American food is all hot dogs and hamburgers. I tried to explain that hot dogs and hamburgers are part of a bigger picture (and do not just come from McDonalds - and while we're on the subject, no, I don't eat there regularly), mainly that of barbecue. I feel like real Southern barbecue is one of the fundamental American food types. It was originated and developed by Americans, and is not just an Americanized version of some other ethnic cuisine. But more than the actual food, barbecue is an American pastime. It's a personal favorite of mine, and one I miss greatly when I'm out of NYC. I newyorkesi absolutely love to barbecue. We jump at the opportunity to gather friends together, throw some burgers (beef or boca) on a grill, and settle back with beer or a summery cocktail. Over my birthday weekend, I had the opportunity to do just this:


my roof

chicken on the grill

friends!

barbecued chicken, curry potato salad, asparagus vinaigrette, and greek salad



sunset over brooklyn






No comments:

Post a Comment