Wednesday, June 23, 2010

hot hot hot


In my opinion, there is only one thing to do in weather like this: eat ice cream. Or in an ideal situation, gelato. Gelato trumps ice cream for all kinds of reasons. Apparently it's churned for longer, so more of the fat separates, and it's better for you. Also if you're eating straight up Italian gelato, the ingredients are guaranteed to be fresher, and the gelato is probably made on the premises. Furthermore, I like my flavors simple: none of this chocolate chip - cookie dough - peanut butter - brownie bite - butterscotch swirl business. I like pistachio, or blackberry, or the elusive (but all time favorite) riso. However, my access to gelato is limited when I'm states-side, even in NYC. Probably for the best; my all gelato diet isn't very conducive to bathing suit season.

enjoying gelato in cinque terre, 2007

my favorite gelato fiorentino, last day in Florence '08

my first gelato in Milan!

No comments:

Post a Comment