Wednesday, June 30, 2010

An homage to America: S'mores Bars for the 4th


So I've really been wanting to cook something Italian influenced (like this tart), but since the celebration of my nation's birth is coming up, I figured it would be more appropriate to make something totally and utterly American. Since my marshmallow adventure was rather successful, I decided to make s'mores bars: graham cracker crust, chocolate, and a marshmallow top.

The recipe is as follows: I doubled the graham cracker crust ingredients from this recipe, melted down some Ghiradelli (ooh! Italian!) semi-sweet chocolate chips, and then used the marshmallow recipe from last time, but modified it adding one more egg white and half the amount of vanilla. Lots of steps, but pretty easy!



The final product (when I get a good cross section shot, I'll be sure to post it ... unless they're a complete failure, in which case this never happened):

No comments:

Post a Comment