Tuesday, June 22, 2010

i marshmallow

Years and years ago, I sealed my fate as "the American who cannot cook worth shit" when I attempted to make marshmallows in Reggio Calabria. The result was a solid sheet of sugar that neanche il cane mangerebbe, as Chiara's mother said, as well as years and years of teasing. Six years later, I finally decided to try my hand at the infamous confection, now that I have a Kitchen Aid. The result: success! Too bad the Italians weren't here to see (or taste) it. I'll just have to wow them with my salad making skills next time I cross the pond...

boiling sugar

whipping the gelatin, sugar, and other things into a frenzy

really messy.

set out to cool



adorable

delicious!

1 comment:

  1. my oh my does that look delicious. if you still have some left over we could 'smore them this week!

    ReplyDelete