Saturday, March 20, 2010

bellagio, como, and around town in general


Sorry for the hiatus. I had a long-awaited visitor to take care of, and we took a little trip to Lago di Como, the town of Bellagio, and generally spent our time enjoying the spring weather and wandering around Milan. Of course now that this very special visitor has left, the sun has disappeared, the clouds rolled in, and any sign of primavera has come and gone. But the past week was beautiful. Bellagio is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. We rented an apartment for a ridiculously good price and spent our days wandering the streets and feasting on bresaola, bread and the best fresh mozzarella I've ever had. We returned to Milan and indulged in the city's best aperitivi, panini and local trattorie (I considered this a necessary test-run for when my Mom and Aunt come and visit in a week).
There are just too many pictures to load onto the blog, so please check out my snapfish link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment