Monday, March 1, 2010

Today I did something unheard of: I set off for the day without my map.

Now, to be fair, I was pretty much walking in a straight line, but I still wouldn't hold it past myself to get lost. However, it was a beautiful day today, and if there was ever a day to get lost, today was it.

As luck would have it, I found my way to the Piazza Duomo where I waited at the ATM Point for two and a half hours to get my tessera mensile. I can now ride the metropolitana, i tram and gli autobus as many times as I want for 17 euro a month. I'm posing as a student for the extra 13 euro/month discount. My first reaction was, "30 euro a month? No way!" But then I realized that an unlimited monthly pass in NYC is almost $100, so the milanesi have it pretty good.

Another interesting thing that happened to me today: I was out running in the Parco Sempione and a man stopped me mid-run to ask if I had a cigarette. Oh, Italians.


this is my hallway. I will never live in someplace as beautiful as this ever again.



pretty late afternoon light.

Ronny, the infamous, chocolate-eating dog.

1 comment: