Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sorry I haven't been blogging recently. My schedule changed this week (I'm teaching three new classes now) so I'm back to doing personal introductions, and it's been raining here in Milan, so I don't even have pretty pictures to show. Here are a few highlights from my week:
• I had to teach a class on the topic of "Money" for my Trinity Exam Prep class, so I opened the lessons with the song "Mo Money Mo Problems" by Notorious B.I.G. My students didn't appreciate it nearly as much as I had hoped.
• I finally found a cozy cafe to sit in and read, and have been going there almost every day. Not only do they not mind if I sit for hours on end, but they serve cappuccione - really big cappuccinos.
• I am recently obsessed with mushrooms.
• I was ambushed by mosquitoes a few nights ago and haven't opened my window yet out of pure fear. It is really hot in my room and Brigitte, the cat, is making me crazy with her meows of protest, but at least I'm not itching my skin off.
• I finished The Wire and have come to the conclusion that it is the best show ever.
A pretty lame week, if you ask me. Next week looks promising, though! My Mom and my Aunt will be visiting me and then I am off to London for five days!

1 comment:

  1. i agree with on the wire steez. if u need something new i have some suggestions

    ReplyDelete